Net Income growth of 17.2% YoY
- $ Revenue crosses $5Bn mark; grows +10% YoY(1)
- North America growth highest in 12 quarters
MUMBAI, India, July 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Tata Consultancy Services (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), the leading IT services, consulting and business solutions firm reported its consolidated financial results according to IndAS and IFRS as on June 30, 2018.
Financial Highlights for Quarter Ended June 30, 2018
- Revenue at $5.051 Bn; +10% YoY
- Constant Currency Revenue growth at +9.3% YoY
- Net Income at $1.082 Bn; +17.2% YoY
- Operating Margin at 25%
- Earnings Per Share at $0.28, up 19.8% YoY; Dividend per share of Rs 4.00
Proposed record date 18/07/18; Payment date 25/07/18
Business Highlights for Quarter Ended June 30, 2018
- BFSI vertical growth accelerates: +4.1% YoY
- North America rebounds on BFSI and Retail recovery: +7% YoY
- Digital revenue at 25%, up 44.8% YoY
- 2 new clients in $100M+ band, 13 clients added in $5M+ band sequentially
- World's largest Agile-ready workforce: 242,000+ employees Agile trained
- Total employees: 400,875; IT Services attrition rate at 10.9% LTM
Commenting on the Q1 performance, CEO and MD, Rajesh Gopinathan said: "We are starting the new fiscal year on a strong note, with the growth engine firing on all cylinders. Our Banking vertical recovered very nicely this quarter, while other industry verticals maintained their momentum. With a good set of wins during the quarter, a robust deal pipeline and accelerating digital demand, we are positioned well for the future."
Mr. Gopinathan added: "Customers across verticals and markets are embracing our Business 4.0 thought-leadership framework and accelerating their digital transformation journeys. Our contextual knowledge, full spectrum capabilities and investments in research and innovation are making us their preferred partner for their growth and transformation initiatives."
N. Ganapathy Subramaniam, Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director, said: "It has been an excellent quarter, with broad-based growth across all segments and good client additions. We are seeing strong demand in areas like cloud transformation, cyber-security and data privacy, and automation. Our investments in forward-thinking doctrines like the Machine First Delivery Model (MFDM™) and Location-independent Agile are giving customers immediate, measurable business benefits and speed to market.
V. Ramakrishnan, Chief Financial Officer, said: "Disciplined execution, accelerating growth and currency support helped us mitigate the impact of wage increases during the quarter. This strong start gives us greater confidence in our ability to get our operating margin to our preferred range, while continuing to fund the digital investments that are differentiating us in the marketplace."
Q1 Segment Highlights2
Industries: Revenue growth accelerated in BFSI (+4.1%) and Retail & CPG (+12.7%) in Q1. Growth was led by the Energy & Utilities vertical (+30.9%).
Markets: North America bounced back growing +7%, while UK (+18.7%), Continental Europe (+18.6%), and Asia Pacific (+10.8%) led the growth.
Services: Business & Technology Services had a strong quarter with several key deal wins and a healthy pipeline across all service lines.
- Consulting & Services Integration: Experienced strong growth driven by greater traction of transformative business solutions combining technologies, process and contextual knowledge. Enterprise Agility Services continued to gain strong adoption by customers.
- Digital Transformation Services: All services saw strong growth and a healthy pipeline, as customers navigate the complexities of digitally re-imagining their business. Q1 saw strong demand for Cloud advisory and migration services, Cyber-security including GDPR, Identity & Access Management and Managed Security Services, Intelligent Process Automation, TCS Enterprise Cloud Platform, Interactive services, IoT & Analytics services.
- Cognitive Business Operations: TCS' Machine First Delivery Model (MFDM™) which reimagines conventional delivery by giving machines the first right of refusal on new workloads, saw greater adoption among customers.
Q1 Key Highlights
Consulting and Services Integration
- Chosen as a strategic partner for the transformation of Mitsubishi Corporation's global network architecture, an initiative to enhance operational efficiencies and business excellence, spanning multiple geographies and approximately 150 offices worldwide.
- Selected by a leading UK retailer as a strategic partner to digitally transform operations and drive greater business agility, by implementing a portal leveraging a suite of micro services and optimizing their supplier network through a new Supplier Master Data Management solution.
- Expanded the partnership with M&G Prudential to deliver enhanced services for its UK savings and retirement customers, bringing the total number of policies managed by TCS to 5.8 million.
- Chosen by a leading American aviation company in the US to improve its operations by leveraging the power of Analytics, as part of an IoT Digital Thread and Digital Command Center initiative to overcome silos and provide an integrated business view across multiple business units.
- Selected by Euroclear Finland, the financial industry's trusted provider of post trade services, to transform and modernize its core legacy systems by deploying TCS BaNCS and significantly upgrading its issuance and post trade services.
- Engaged by a prominent North American airline as a strategic partner to enrich its customer experience by designing and building advanced analytics labs and a security infrastructure for effective security configuration and improved performance.
- Chosen by a leading Canadian financial institution as a leading digital partner to improve its employee experience by reimagining their workplace management and collaboration processes.
- Selected by an American multinational shipping and logistics company as a strategic partner to design and develop a next generation digital network planning tool to optimize service across their product lines.
Enterprise Applications, Cloud Services and Security
- Engaged by a global gas supplier as the transformation partner for a large multi-year hybrid cloud engagement, including hosting and managing their IT infrastructure leveraging TCS Private Cloud.
- Chosen by a European steel manufacturer to provide improved visibility and control of their cloud applications by implementing a Cloud Access Secure Broker solution with GDPR compliance.
- Selected by a leading UK airline to deliver a smart order management solution and superior digital shopping channel experiences by implementing an Azure Cloud based solution.
- Engaged by a travel and logistics company in the US to create a new Digital Workplace through a design-centred transformation initiative leveraging Office 365 and SharePoint.
Automation and Blockchain
- Engaged by Keysight, an American electronics test and measurement equipment manufacturer, to transform their IT landscape using Intelligent Automation and our Machine First Delivery Model, leveraging ignioTM – the world's first cognitive automation solution for enterprise IT – as a key differentiator.
- Selected as a strategic partner by Woolworths Group, a leading Australian retailer, to enable business operational excellence and efficiency by leveraging TCS' contextual knowledge and intelligent automation solutions.
- Chosen by a multinational aerospace and transportation company to drive greater efficiency across their value chain by deploying intelligent automation solutions.
- Engaged by a leading Canadian bank to improve the transparency of its customer information by implementing a Blockchain solution to synchronize client insights across multiple businesses.
IoT and Analytics
- Engaged by a prominent bank in the US to empower its financial crime group with cognitive intelligence and anti-money laundering processes by integrating the bank's Analytics platform with an advanced search engine tool.
- Selected by a leading aircraft manufacturing firm in the US to transform its data landscape in line with its Enterprise Strategy for 2025 – by enabling advanced analytics, integration of machine data and cloud migration.
- Chosen by a top British Port group to provide operational visibility and establish safety compliance by effectively tracking field assets, leveraging IoT enabled sensing technology.
Products and Platforms
- TCS' products and platforms continued to gain traction in the market place with 8 wins for the TCS BaNCS suite, 2 wins for Advanced Drug Discovery platform, and 7 wins for ignio.
This article was written by cool news network.